Gallery

Friday, June 7, 2013

Pattern design

I have always had great respect for those that can follow a pattern.  My brain fights it all the way.  Not because the patterns are worded poorly, but because my attention span wont stay with it long enough to finish reading a simple direction. My mind instantly starts wondering on to the next project or how I would do it without a pattern.  So frustrating as there are so many patterns out there that I would love to quilt.  (yes, I only piece so I can quilt.  Come on I can't be the only quilter out there that thinks this way.....I hope, lol)

One of these days I need to give in and buy a pattern design program.  (The thought of reading the directions on how to use it are daunting for an attention challenged person such as myself, lol)  But for now I will keep using my graph paper making simple quilt patterns that I can sew FAST!

That said, I am still excited to start my paper pieced kit I bought about 10 years ago!!!   That's following a pattern....right? =)

Evolution of Broken


  
Yes those are diet Coke drips on the paper. Mmmmmm yum!


 As you can see, it turned out nothing like the drawings once I saw Shattered by Jacquie Gering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...