Gallery

Friday, January 16, 2015

January PMQG meeting

I had fun from the minute I left my house.  I really hit the jackpot with my carpool ladies.  What a fun and talented group of women to spend time with.  We never seem to run out of things to talk about.

So anyone who knows me knows I joke about being the queen of the nine patch.  No, it's not the only block I make, lol, but lets just say I've made my fair share of them.  I also love chickens!   So when I saw the August 2013 PMQG block of the month I melted!  The block was designed by our own Michelle Freedman of Design Camp.  I became obsessed with assembly line hen making and ended up with enough blocks for at least 4 quilts.   And the scary thing is I'm still not tired of this block!


Michelle was kind enough to take photo's with me.  Very green photos.  This is after editing some of the green out!  I can't wait to see what she comes up with next ....Ok she gave me a little hint and I can tell you I am excited!


We stopped at Modern Domestic on the way and I picked up the pile of fat quarter solids on the right.  Other than the green they are not the typical colors I buy.  Although we haven't been given the full details on our next challenge at the Pine Needle my wheels are turning.  I added them to the stack of blues I bought last month.  Boy I hope my idea works with the rules Geri comes up with, lol. 


We had a very entertaining guest speaker, Jessica Darling.  Who just happened to bring a few tables worth of fat quarters and 1 yard cuts.   Mix $2 fat quarters and a room full of quilters and you have a party.  Add lights that turn everything green and you have a very interesting party.  Trying to guess what colors the fabrics really were in green lights was entertaining for sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...