Gallery

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Quiltcon picture overload part1!

Once again I'm behind, lol.  Story of my life.

First off let me just say I loved Quiltcon.   Every single second of it!  I thoroughly enjoyed every lecture I took.  Unfortunately I had to cancel the only class I signed up for because of my flight. 

 Melissa Averinos (judges choice award!)

The quilt show was fabulous and I took a million pictures. Unfortunately I took them all with my phone!  Which I learned in one of my lectures is a huge no no for blogging.  (ok so I really didn't need to learn this...lol...I just really need to get a new camera!)  I'll try to post a few over the next few days (adding the quilters names when I can, please let me know if you know a name I can add to give proper credit.  My system failed me miserably)


So anyone who knows me well knows I haven't been shy about my feelings about faces on quilts.  I found them creepy and plain ole WRONG!  Well the joke is on me now that I made a face quilt for the Bridge challenge. 


I seem to be obsessed with quilted faces!!  I can't get enough of them.  Why?  No clue, they just speak to me.  I like them on the front of quilts, I like them on the backs of quilts, I like them anywhere on a quilt.  Isn't this one fabulous!!


Here's another beauty.  All I can say is WOW!  


Wow, wow, wow


The detail is amazing.  Love the colors and simple quilting.


 One more! (for now, lol)


 Isn't this fun??  If I should ever do a face again I will use a program to generate a pattern.  No more winging it for me.  These are fabulous!


I still find it odd that something I used to loath could make me so happy now.  And here I thought I hated change, lol.  Hmmm maybe I like the pixelated faces and not the printed??  Hmmm...I'll have to think on that some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...