Gallery

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Modern Quilt Challenge!

I am so excited about the 2014 Northwest Quilting Expo Challenge from the Pine Needle's West Side Modern Club! 

 Here's the beginnings of my pallet.


 My kicker color - orange! =)  Don't worry, it will make sense...hopefully...eventually!


And the best part is it goes with the idea I was already planning for my next project.


Some inspiration.

  
And finally...now can you see where my oranges come in? =)


The Challenge -  Make a modern quilt inspired by a Portland Oregon bridge.  We had a fabulous speaker who really got everyone excited about our local bridges.  Who knew bridges could be so fascinating. 


As you can see we have quite a few bridges to choose from.  The Portland Modern Quilt Guild will be joining in on the challenge.  Perfect, since I am in both groups I can make one quilt for both...right?  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...