Gallery

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Betsy does it again

Anyone who knows me knows I love color!   So you can imagine how happy I get when a colorful quilt shows up to be quilted.  It puts me in an instant happy energetic mood. 

Betsy's quilts do not disappoint!


Let me tell you, this was one fun quilt to work on!


Just put on a good audio book and quilt away.


I couldn't help myself, I had to do one rogue block!   Believe it or not there is a pattern to my madness on this quilt.  But I just couldn't quilt the expected on this square.  It visually stood out to me as the focal point on this top. So I chose to break the pattern and I'm glad I did.  I love that it has it's own look and plays differently on the converging corners making it stand out even more.

 

It's funny, in pictures the purple square stands out more but in person the polka dots really pop.  I started second guessing my use of the word Rogue so I looked it up.   

Rogue - a dishonest or worthless person : scoundrel or mischievous person 

Well.....at least one description fits.  I'll take mischievous!! 

 
Having fun on the corners.



  Random waving and straight line work on the borders.


 Another Fun bright and colorful quilt coming up soon!
And this one I get to keep =)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...