Gallery

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Rylie's quilt

Edited to add:  I'm linking linking up to the PMQG linky party
It's a rare day that I work on one of my own projects.  And I've just finished two! 
Grand kids are great motivators.   


This is what happens when your 3 year old grand daughter takes over your project =)


I had plans to make a wonky log cabin out of grays and bright solids.  
With lots of straight line quilting.


Rylie was over for the day and asked it it could be her quilt. 


So of course I said yes, as all good grandma's do.


She then asked if she could pick out the fabrics.


And the Easter basket pallet was born.  Other than a few pinks I left out I think she did an amazing job!!!   


The best part is I actually finished it in time for her 4th birthday.  Well....the binding wasn't hand sewn yet....but close enough to finished to feel good about it.


Happy birthday Rylie!!!

2 comments:

  1. It is absolutely amazing! I dearly love how you quilted this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that means a lot coming from you. I've always admired your work!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...